Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a central sector scheme that guarantees direct income support of Rs 6,000 for farmers.
Eligibility – Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi
It will be given per year to all landholder farmers‘ families in the country except:
- All Institutional Land holders.
- Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to following categories,
- Former and present holders of constitutional post.
- Former and present – Ministers/ State Ministers, M.Ps (Lok sabha& Rajya Sabha), MLAs (SLA & SLC)
- Former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies.
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees)
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
The amount will be given in three instalments of Rs.2000 each.
The amount will be transferred directly to the bank account of beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer. DBT will ensure transparency in the entire process and will save time for the farmers.
This is to help them meet farm input and other costs during the crop season.
The programme would be made effective retrospectively from December 1, 2018.
The changes in land records after February 1, 2019 shall not be considered for this scheme.
State Government and UT Administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
Other Features – The cash transfer is not linked to the land size and hence it becomes an income supplement to landowning households.
It has left the landless tenants out of its scope.