It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme to supplement farm income with the development of complete value chain of bamboo sector and link growers with markets
Objectives of National Bamboo Mission
- To increase the area under bamboo plantation in non-forest Government and private lands.
- To improve post-harvest management through establishment of innovative primary processing units and market infrastructure.
- To promote product development by assisting R&D, entrepreneurship & business models at MSME level.
- To rejuvenate the underdeveloped bamboo industry in India.
- To promote skill development, capacity building, awareness generation for development of bamboo sector.
- To realign efforts so as to reduce dependency on import of bamboo and bamboo products by improved productivity.
National Bamboo Mission would adopt the following strategies
- Development of bamboo in limited States where it has social, commercial and economical advantage
- Production of genetically superior planting material
- Adoption of end to end solution.
- Capacity building.
- Set up National, State and sub-State level structures, to ensure adequate returns and eliminate middlemen
For popularising use of bamboo & bamboo-based products, seminars, conferences, awareness campaign at National, State & District Levels and also through print and electronic media are organised under the restructured NBM.
—- Also Read —-