Green Revolution Krishonnati Yojana : It is an umbrella scheme comprises of 11 Schemes/Missions which looks to develop the agriculture and allied sector in a holistic manner to increase the income of farmers.
Green Revolution Krishonnati Yojana 11 schemes/missions
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture aims to promote holistic growth of horticulture sector.
- National Food Security Mission including National Mission on Oil Seeds and Oil Palm (NMOOP), aims to increase production of rice, wheat, pulses, coarse cereals and commercial crops, through area expansion and productivity enhancement.
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture aims at promoting sustainable agriculture practices best suitable to the specific agro-ecology.
- Sub-Mission on Agriculture Extension aims to strengthen the ongoing extension mechanism of State Governments, local bodies etc., achieving food and nutritional security.
- Sub-Mission on Seeds and Planting Material aims to increase production of certified / quality seed, to increase SRR, to upgrade the quality of farm saved seeds.
- Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization aims to increase the reach of farm mechanization to small and marginal farmers and to the regions where availability of farm power is low.
- Sub-Mission on Plant Protection and Plan Quarantine aims to minimize loss to quality and yield of agricultural crops from the ravages of insect pests, diseases, weeds, nematodes, rodents, etc.
- Integrated Scheme on Agriculture Census, Economics and Statistics aims to undertake the agriculture census, study of the cost of cultivation of principal crops etc.
- Integrated Scheme on Agricultural Cooperation aims to provide financial assistance for improving the economic conditions of cooperatives, remove regional imbalances.
- Integrated Scheme on Agriculture Marketing aims to develop agricultural marketing infrastructure and to establish a nationwide marketing information network.
- National e-Governance Plan (NeGP-A) aims to improve access of farmers to information &services throughout crop-cycle and integrate the existing ICT initiatives of Centre and States.
All these schemes/missions were appraised and approved independently as separate scheme/mission.
In 2017-18, it has been decided to club all these schemes / missions under one umbrella scheme ‘Green Revolution Krishonnati Yojana‘.
—- Read More —-